For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Friday, October 7, 2011

Hocus-Pocus!

Yesterday I was working in my art room, preparing for the BEST HALLOWEEN PARTY EVER and I needed some small boards.

I was certain I had them - but when I went to pull them out, alas...I discovered that they were no longer there.  Poo!

So, I grabbed some supplies and went about figuring out how to create a few pieces of wood out of what I had (which was cardboard and paint).  I waved my magic wand and said, "Hocus-Pocus!" and transformed this:

...into this:
TA-DA!!  Magic!!

Well, not really.  I mean, I didn't really use magic.   However, I thought it was pretty cool that my subconscious seemed to know I needed this (even when I was sure I didn't, but I bought it anyway the other day while at Michael's for something else):
It was the exact color I needed to create my "boards"!  How does my mind know these things??

Anyway, I was tickled with how it came out and I only spent .89 to make it so! Yay!

Well, back to play in the art room - the special day is fast approaching!

Keep it Joyful, Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!