For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Friday, November 4, 2011

Winging our way to Christmas...

 After a month of binging on  "spooky" shows and "witchy" movies, decorating like a fiend and celebrating the tradition of a big pot of chili, fixin's, cornbread, and mulled apple cider on Halloween Eve, I was faced this week with putting it all away. =(  I LOVED October and all the fun, spooky stuff that led up to Halloween.  Funny - our autumn has been mostly warm and wet, but today it is a true, fall day - chilly, with the scent of leaves and that slight scent of snow mixed in - do you know what I mean?

Now my mind is winging ahead to the upcoming holidays and the traditions our family has for celebrating those.  This year we will be changing up some of our traditions.  Life has changed in some drastic ways for my husband and I.

The other day when we were having breakfast together we were talking about all the changes that have come about just in the last year.  We decided that we need to create some NEW traditions - traditions that will carry us into the years when even our older kids have moved on into their own lives and it is just basically me and him.  So far we haven't figured out what they might be, but instead of feeling sad or even depressed (which would be so easy to do!) about the upcoming holidays, we are looking at it as an opportunity for us to grow and stretch ourselves.

Funny, I honestly believed our traditions would go on forever and ever.  I guess some will, but I guess others have a "shelf date". 

Laura from Artful Musing has some thing AMAZING on her blog - FREAKIN' AMAZING!  You have GOT to go check it out.  It made me squeal with delight! Really - I squealed and frightened my kitties.  It inspires me to break out my tiny doll houses and get to preparing them for the Christmas season.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Donna!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Now I ma visiting yours. Love the mermaid theme!

    If you would ever like to feature one of my songs in your music player let me know. I also love the sea and have an entire album devoted to sea myths, sirens etc.

    All the best to you - Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!