For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Friday, January 6, 2012

And now...Happy 2012!!!!!

Yay! A brand new, bright and sparkly new year of 366 (it is a leap year!) glorious days and star-filled nights to fill with our hopes and dreams and special wishes!


I wrote a "manifesto" for the year.  I put it in the front of my calendar book so I can see it each day when I open it up.  I love to read it - it makes me smile and I get those excited butterflies in my tummy!

I know that the whole "new years resolutions" and goals are so cliche, but in all honesty, it is important for me to do this.  It helps me to move forward and to write down the things that I want to bring into my life, or to release.  I also make a big, colorful hand-written poster of all the things I hope to accomplish in the coming year and hang it up in my art room where I can see it all the time.  I love taking a marker and cross off things as I accomplish them.  I also enjoy looking over it to see how many things I have done and what is left to do.  Some things I never get around to, and if I still want to do them, I just put them on my new year's poster.  There are a few things from last year's poster that I am carrying over to this year, and some I am just letting go of because they no longer interest me.  That is cool!

I feel like I am in a much better place this year than I was at the same time last year.  I have done a great deal of grieving and healing - especially in the last month or so.  Traditions have a way of bringing up memories of past traditions and the people that they included, but are not longer in our lives.  It was an emotional November and December, but a cleansing and heart-healing one, as well.

Today the weather felt like spring and I sat on the deck under the pavilion and felt the breeze kiss my skin, listened to the birds in the trees and just gave thanks.  Thanks for all that has been, that is now and that will be.  No matter WHAT happens, I trust that this will be a GOOD year.

Do you do anything special to mark the goals or dreams or "resolutions" that you have set for yourself in the upcoming year?

Keep it Joyful, Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!