For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Project Life, Week 1

I'm still trying to decide if I want to do a photo a day, or a week in review.  I am taking photos every day, but many of them are more so I can learn my camera than tell any kind of story, so I'm thinking a week in review may be the way to go.

However, the beauty of Project Life is I can have it both ways if I want! If I have lots of photos one week, it can be a photo a day...other times, a week in review...or even a month in review, like my 2011 album will end up being.

I have not printed my photos for week one yet as I want to batch print them, but I am making note of what day they represent so that I can just slip them into the photo protectors once I have them printed.  In the meantime, I'm adding all my memorabilia to the pages, and logging my journaling on Oh Life! which I will copy onto journaling cards.  I'm trying to set aside one day a week to do all this.

Here is a photo of my Title Page - nothing fancy, but I love how it turned out:



 Words to live by this year:

Week one pages so far:
I've just tucked in some weekly momentos - a menu of meals for the week, movie ticket stub, some candies my son bought for me, a card I received from a friend.  I'll add the photos and journaling soon.  Right now I'm still having to make a conscious effort to sit down and put it all together.  I'm looking forward to it just becoming habit! =)

I also thought I'd share a few pics of my Project Life work area:
(I always wanted to write on a photo and one of my goals this year is to learn how to use my Photoshop Elements for more than just a photo catalog, as well as use my Genius Pen Pad Tablet - fun!  I think I spelled memorabilia wrong...I was excited, what can I say??)

Closer:
 Without all the squiggles.  On the wall I have lists of ideas for photos and things to capture each week just in case I need some inspiration.
My punches and pens.  I don't have anything but basic punches at this time.
I keep my weekly memorabilia in this container.  I use a page protector with the date written on a piece of tape at the top to let me know which week it is for (just in case I get behind).  I also learned from another Project Lifer to write the date on the back of the memorabilia so I know where to place it - great idea!
My little basket of tools, journaling cards and other goodies to add to Project Life pages
 Corner rounder, tape runner, date stamp, alpha stamps, small paper cutter and a few other tools
 Fun little add-ins for pages and photos
A large recipe box holds all my different journaling cards.  The little round bowl is to hold "bits and pieces", such as extra words I had cut out, but didn't use on my title page that I may use later on in the book.
This holds some additional little add-ins and journaling boxes
So far, I'm keeping it pretty simple.  I could see myself getting carried away, then overwhelmed, so my goal is to keep it as simple and fun and easy as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!