For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy things to share!

Well, I taught my first mixed media art class yesterday - and it was AWESOME!!  I worried and fretted and spent a great deal of time sighing deep sighs, wondering if I had chosen to do the right thing - for nothing!  Isn't that usually the case?

I had a great bunch of gals and we had so much fun!  I had 6 this time, but 8 are scheduled to attend my next class, which is February 21 and I can't wait!
(if you poke the photos, they get bigger so you can see details better)
 I had so much fun getting everything set up...
 I bought little trays to put everything in because I was using my dining room table to teach the class.  The table was Hubby's grandmother's from England and I don't want anything to happen to it.  Maybe someday I'll have a space where I can set up those long tables to teach, but for now this worked beautifully!  I also had layers of plastic table clothes AND wax paper taped down - lol!
 Yes, those are toilet paper rolls. =)  I actually saw these used for preschoolers to wipe their brushes on while painting - the toilet paper soaks up the extra water nicely and the rolls last a very long time.  I was curious if it would work well with big girls - and it sure did!  I just took rolls of toilet paper from the dollar store and wrapped two rubber bands around them.  I can't wait to see what they look like after they have soaked up water and color - they will probably end up works of art in themselves!
 I taught several background techniques that we will be building on in the coming weeks.
 It was so inspiring being with these women - all of them made beautiful pieces (that we never did take pictures of, darn it!).  I felt a renewed desire to get into my art room and play some more!
 A few of the gals were making canvas art as Valentine's gifts for their husbands/significant others with found poetry from a lovely book I have called The Magic Garden - I was soooo impressed!  I love to see people who believe they are not "creative" discover that indeed they are! We ALL are!

One of the ladies has chickens - something like 80 or so.  She brought me 36 freshly laid eggs!  I was so excited!
 Aren't the colors just beautiful? 
 Guess what we had for breakfast today? Yum!
My LOAD page from yesterday features my oldest son, who is now 27 years old (almost 28...when did that happen?)  I have to pat myself on the back.  I did not believe I would keep up with this challenge, along with Project Life (which I am also keeping up on, even if I DID miss the blog hop...) and all the other fun stuff going on in my life right now.  I feel abundantly blessed!
And finally, my LOAD page for the day.  The prompt was "I miss".  That was an EASY one for me.  I miss the ocean with all my heart and I know that someday I will get back there and live out the rest of my days beside the sea!
(these last two photos were taken at night in terrible lighting - oh well - maybe I'll retake them during the day in better lighting at some point)
Thank you for stopping by!
Keep it Joyful, Donna

2 comments:

  1. Oh Donna, What a fabulous class and it looks like everyone had SUCH a great time!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inspiring to have all those ladies creating! You're so lovely and ingenious. I agree that when people who have never created before create, they realize just how creative they really are. I used the word create way too many times in that sentence... but it's true! Everyone is creative, you just have to tap into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!