For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Saturday, February 18, 2012

My art room threw up...

Poor, poor thing...

My poor art room has up-chucked the contents of boxes, bags, paint pots and other artsy things all over the room:
 There are about five different projects going on at the moment:
My art room does not seem to be large enough to contain all of it...in fact, it even spilled down the stairs and into the family room at one point (no pics of that, though):
I am definitely going to have to clean up a bit before I can retackle my projects.  I make HUGE messes (can't you tell) while I am creating, but sometimes I have to stop and clean it up or the chaos becomes too overwhelming and distracting and I can no longer create.

How does it work for you?  Do you create within chaos, or do you need a neat and tidy space to work in?

7 comments:

  1. Oh well. It happens. Messes that is. But no, I can't create in chaos. My work space is just too small for there to be messes! To be honest, unless everything I own is where it should be, I can't really do anything at all. I especially can not create or sleep. It's too overwhelming... but if I had the space to do it, I'd definitely make all sorts of art room messes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My room gets like yours! Every now and again I just have to stop and reorganize. I always clean with good intentions, but there's just so much stuff and not the right shelving/storage system. We move in a few months and I'm really hoping that I'll be able to create a good system in the new space.. but I suspect that I'm deluding myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I create in a mess for a few days and then I have to clean up before I can go on. Strange. So I guess I can create in a mess for a short period of time, then I just can't.
    Karen G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I organize my writing space every now and then. It looks great for about 3 days and then it explodes again. Yep, I create in chaos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna,
    Don't worry--mine looked worse!! lol I put it in tubs and took it to the garage! Funny, huh? Sending ((((hugs))) your way,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I love your dollhouse! I collect them...I think they're so precious!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am inspired by your work and obviously this blog is perfect.


    pearson airport limos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!