For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Songbird Dream

It has been a whirlwind week of LOAD, Project Life, teaching an art class (weeeee!  What fun!), book club (weeeee! More fun!!), driving to and from the college campus - and the week is not over yet!  My cup runneth over...

I did have a bit of time (and stayed up way past my bedtime) to sit and make a wee piece of Sue Pelletier-inspired art:
   
I have seen and heard many robins around my yard and in my trees - they are always one of the first signs of spring where I am living...
We noticed that the pear and maple trees have fat buds of unfurled leaves...just waiting for the perfect moment to burst open with that delicate, soft shade of green...
I love this time of year (but not as much as I love summer and fall) - the air becomes softer, the breezes, balmier...there are more "open window" days than not...
 The Canadian geese come in droves to the small lake across the street - we wake to the sound of them flying straight over our house to land in the water there (and they are quite noisy, but it is a welcome noise)...
I start to dream of making newspaper pots and gathering seeds from catalogs and stores that catch my eye; I dream of how to lay out my garden, and what I want to plant in each section...
We sleep with the windows open in our bedroom, waiting for that first sweet sound of the spring peepers - which will happen in about two weeks...
Then I know that the quiet, darker days of winter are behind us and the touch of warmth is just up ahead.  This is a huge relief for me, as I am not a winter kind of girl.  I am not really a spring kind of girl, either.  But I AM a summer and fall girl - and the closer summer gets, the giddier I feel!
So, what is your favorite season, and why?

I will be away from my computer for most of the upcoming weekend.  We are helping my brother and his beautiful wife pack up their house to move and then Hubs and I have some plans.  I will try to get LOAD pictures up, but if not this week, then I will do an update post next week.

This song always makes me smile - I hope it makes you smile, too!

Keep it Joyful! Donna

Linked to Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper

11 comments:

  1. Oh this piece looks lovely! It embodies Spring so beautifully. I think my favorite season has to be Fall. I just love it. It's beautiful and there's something spooky in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name of your blog, since I live at the beach and have a mermaid collection. Your art is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a charming and inventive post :)

    i love fall, something about the soft golden light and all those bright colors dotting the blue sky with the chocolate earth, sets my heart on fire~

    spring is fabulous, my garden is alive now, don't get me wrong, i love it too, but fall does me in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Donna~
    What a fun post! My favorite season is the fall. It is our most beautiful season here. I like Spring too, but it lasts about 3 days before it goes into the heat of summer!
    Blessings!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your art piece! My favorite season is fall...then spring and summer. I'm not a winter kind of person either - although I try to appreciate the beauty of it. Thanks for stopping by and your comment on Buster's post today!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an artist! I love your artwork and as a NYorker, although, I didn't mind winter, my very fav time of year in NY was fall...I am a fall girl too, an Oct. girl, lol. In this part of the world, where I live now, it's always spring, hotter and colder, but spring. Thank you for dropping by and for the sweet comment and thank you for the pretty song too. Have a nice week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE this, Donna!! My favorite seasonn is summer--because I love the beach!!! lol
    (((hugs))) from me,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect celebration of Spring.

    It's wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh the sights and sounds of spring, favorite time of the year for me. The beautiful colors in your pictures entice me and has me wishing for spring like right now... but I think I still have to wait for spring in my neck of the woods.Thanks for the inspiration and for your sweet comment on my book accents. Hope the moving and packing went well for your brother and his wife:)Hugs~Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!