For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Final LOAD 2.12 update (and a bubble bath)

Well, brother and wife got moved and are hopefully getting settled in and I spent the week spinning my wheels after that and not really accomplishing as much as I had hoped.

Part of it was that my mom gave me a set of books to read: Game of Thrones.  I should never have started them.

I finished the first one yesterday and immediately began the second one...they are fantastic!  I have been staying up way too late to read the book, then waking up early to read some more.  Putting off all housework and art-making (but I've been trying to remember to cook dinner for my guys).  I even dream about the story at night - crazy!  I know there is a series on tv and I've been tempted to watch it, but I am so glad that I did not.  I want to read all the books first.
Yesterday (Saturday), The Hubs took our three Guys and went out to watch a testosterone-laden movie about Navy Seals.  I was not interested at all. =)  Instead, on Friday I went to Bath and Body Works and got me the fixin's for a Spa-day-at-home, which is just what I did while they went to watch things get blown up.

A delicious bubble bath (2 hours - I was a wrinkled prune when I got out.  Actually, that doesn't even make sense.  Prunes are dried plums...I was soaking wet...but maybe you get what I mean?), a glass of very good wine and the book I was telling you about.  Perfect!  My bathroom still smells heavenly today!

One of my guys took a look at the name of some of the goodies I got - Forever Sunshine - and said,"Yep, that is totally you."

Now you know why he is my favorite - haha!

LOAD 2.12 officially ended on February 29 - what a fun experience it was for me!  I am soooo happy - I completed 21 of 29 pages (I thought I had "only" completed 20 until I recounted)!!  YAY ME!!  I couldn't be happier!  So, here are my last 4 pages - and thank you for those who have kindly commented on my pages - my scrapbooking skills are so rusty, but I still had a blast:

 I actually threw some paint down on the one above!  It was fun, but I think I'll just settle for using regular scrapbooking paper - I'm trying to keep this all simple or I may go back to not scrapbooking at all, which would be kinda sad...(and, yes, I know I misspelled "surprise" badly...but I don't care...I think I was trying to watch Once Upon A Time while I did this page...lesson learned)


So, yay!  I completed the month way better than I thought I would and I look forward to the next LOAD challenge, which will be in May!  There is a link on my right-hand sidebar if you'd like to see the rest of the pages I completed.

I think going forward I will stick primarily with Project Life as my way of capturing memories.  I will scrapbook the photos prior to Project Life (at least, that is the plan for now - but I am always changing things, so who knows?)

Tomorrow I will be participating in a monthly Project Life blog hop if you'd like to come back and take a peek at what I and others have been doing with that.

In the meantime, Keep it Joyful!  Donna

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Bath and Body Works! Perhaps we could swap scent suggestions. I have to say my favourite ones are Secret Wonderland and yup, Forever Sunshine! Isn't it just the most cheerful lovely smell?

    Congratulations on all the lovely scrapbook pages you completed last month! 21 is incredible, I could never succeed with all of that. Whew. That's a lot of creating! Beautiful job Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!