For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Friday, November 16, 2012

Oobla dee, Oobla da - Life goes on...

Oh, lalalala ~ life goes on!

My garden has kept on giving straight through October.  I am so thankful for how well it did this year - in SPITE of me!

I broke out the dehydrator to dry some of it and just had to share this gorgeous, colorful photo!  Once everything was dried, I stored it all in glass jars.  I had such a windfall of pablano peppers I could not give enough away and I think people were sick of taking them.  Banana peppers, too.  Next year I will plant only one plant of each - two pablano plants and four banana pepper plants provided us with WAY more than we could eat and put up ourselves!


I had so many cucumbers at one point that I cut them up and put them inside existing jars of pickle juice in our fridge - both dill and sweet/sour - they turned out delish!  The taste reminds me of deli pickles!

 I spent September trying to move forward and working on bits and pieces of art:

A needlefelted playmat and mushroom house (in this photo it is not finished):


I made this cute cupcake holder for $3 smackeroos using items I purchased at the dollar store!  Now it holds all my adorable cupcake papers where I can enjoy them each day - oh, how they make me smile!


I made some Halloweenie art to decorate my house with:






I made this adorable little diorama for my hutch.  It required a trip to the local scrapbook store with a gift card from my son - I had a ball purchasing bits and pieces for my little Halloweenie box!








I decided one day I wanted to practice with a little face that keeps popping up in my art journals - so I made one in acrylic:



And one in watercolor:


Hubby and me took a day trip out to the mountains to the Shenandoah Fiber Festival - the weather was perfect and I ended up with some beautiful wool for needlefelting, as well as some silk cocoons for hand-dying.  We ate lunch there under the gorgeous fall trees and shared THIS for dessert:
Once every five years or so I eat me some funnel cake - oh, it was SO worth the tummy ache I had afterwards!

It was all we could to do to resist bringing home THIS sweet little bunny:


In October, Hubby and I took a few more day trips - one day we drove to all the places we have lived since we met and took photographs.  I plan to make a photo album that includes the homes, street names, preschools and schools of the each of the children.

We even stopped by the church where we were married:

(the original church bell from Bethel Church)

One Saturday I told my Hubs I was parched...on Sunday he drove me to the ocean:





(my arms are so short...I can never seem to get those great self-shots that others seem to get...oh well...this is still one for my Project Life album!)

We celebrated my Hub's birthday right before Halloween with pizza and prezzies.

We "weathered" Super Storm Sandy with homemade fire-roasted tomato soup and the BEST grilled cheese sandwiches EVER.  Incredibly, we did not lose power or a single tree! 

 And, of course, there have been lots of photos taken of our "babies": 
From left to right: Twinkle Stardust, Tabbitha "Baby", and Princess Peepers McGee


My heart melts... 


Sweet Bojingles "Bobo"  Bobinoff Bobinski (I know...ridiculous...but we can't help it. We are crazy cat people...)

Obviously, they are incredibly great at sleeping...


And Princess Peepers...such a lady...NOT! =)



November 8 was the 28th anniversary of our FIRST DATE:  that first night we went dancing at a place called the Copa and he bought me roses every time the rose man walked by and we drank wine coolers and danced all night long to Crazy for You by Madonna, Take on Me by Ah-ha, Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen, We Built This City by Jefferson Starship, and more...ah, memories!

Much living has been going on.  Much has been on my mind and I have so wanted to share it here, but then life gets busy and a kitty needs to be cuddled or a boy needs help navigating the student loan issues at college or a book calls to me or I fall into bed and go right to sleep and never make it to my blog.

So much on my mind and it seems to make it no farther than my journal.  I guess that is where I am at the moment.

Can you believe that next week is Thanksgiving (here in the USA).  For our family, it is the beginning of a holiday season filled with traditions and decorating and yummy stuff!  It doesn't end until Super Bowl Sunday!

Oh, lalalala ~ life does indeed go on!

Joyfully,

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how gorgeous the Halloween art your created is! Well yes I can believe it, you're lovely :) And the haunted house is amazing, as well as your art journalling! What a talent you have. I don't believe I had ever seen much of your creating in the past. It's amazing, please keep it up! I'm so glad Sandy didn't hit you too hard. Your kitties are gorgeous as well :) What loveliness has been happening! I'm so glad you're being such a strong mama!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!