For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chicken Vesuvio



Want a way to be (or remain) Queen-of-their-hearts-via-their-bellies?

Look no further, because this will make your house smell delicious and secure your reign!  My guys love this and when they have their guy friends over, their guy friends love it, too! (she says as she polishes her crown…)

Chicken Vesuvio
(Adapted from Harry Caray's Restaurant in Chicago)

What you need:

~ 4-6 chicken quarters
~ 4-6 russet or red potatoes, cut into wedges or chunks
~ Equal parts white wine and chicken stock (about ½ cup each)
~ 10-12 whole garlic cloves (or several teaspoons of minced garlic – I don’t really measure)
~ Package of frozen peas

Here’s how to make it:

Season your chicken pieces on both sides with salt, pepper, oregano (or Italian seasoning) and some powdered garlic.

Using a large, heavy skillet, coat with olive oil and brown your chicken and potato wedges until nicely browned (I do this separately – first chicken, then potatos).  Remove and place in roasting pan.

Throw your garlic cloves into the skillet and cook until golden.  Add garlic to the roasting pan.

Deglaze your pan with wine and add your chicken broth.

After it has cooked for a couple of minutes, add frozen peas, heat a little more then pour it all into the roasting pan with the chicken and potatoes. 

Bake at 375F degrees until chicken is cooked through – about an hour and 15 minutes.


Serve to your guys and watch them bow down and worship you. =)

You’re welcome.

(also sharing this at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef in Training)

Joyfully,



2 comments:

  1. Question (from those of us that don't normally cook with wine), what type do you use for these recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! This looks so delicious, simple, and healthy!!! Will have to test it on my boyfriend soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!