For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Thursday, October 24, 2013

PiBoIdMo 2013

As part of that big dream that I spoke of, I am participating in this event:


Now, whenever I join any kind of challenge, I seem to sabotage myself in some way - this time I intend to stick it out and have 30 ideas (good or bad) by Dec 1, 2013.

If any of you out there are writers or illustrators of children's/young adult books, please check it out and join in the fun.  Today is sign up, tomorrow is the beginning of prepping and then in December there will be a followup to bring that list of 30 ideas to life.

What are your big dreams - Writing? Making art?  Making the most divine meal imaginable?  Losing weight? Proving or disproving string theory?  Be the most awesome homemaker? Mommy? Nana?

It is WAY ok to have more than one...I do!

Do you ever feel like you are standing at the bottom of an incredibly high mountain and waaaaayyyy at the tippy top is where your dream lives?  I know I do.  A lot.

I also know that taking that first step is one of the most important things - but then so is every step after that.  I think I am often afraid of doing what I NEED to do to make my dreams actually happen.  I don't know what I am afraid of - and I often use that as an excuse to stop myself from taking that first step: having to analyze WHY I am afraid.  Like I need to have it all figured out before I even begin.

I don't, though.  And you don't.  We just need to begin.

Whatever your dream is, what steps are you taking to make that dream happen. Please share!  The journey is so much nicer when one has friends to journey with.

Joyfully!
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!