For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Thursday, December 5, 2013

10 Things About Me


Day Five of KIOS

I totally missed day 3 and 4.  I have been so busy with other things outside of the cyber world, but I still plan to play along as much as I am able.  Today I intend to try to get around to everyone's blogs and read up on what I've missed.  I will try very hard to visit everyone!

Today we are asked to share 10 things about ourselves - this is SO "old skool"!  Ok, here goes:

1.  I am a hard core, unapologetic introvert who used to try very hard to be an extrovert.  Didn't work.  I'm much happier being my introverted self.  This doesn't mean I don't like to be around people - I DO.  I LOVE people.  I just need long periods of quiet and alone time to recharge after I have been with people.  That just means I need to pace myself - if I have a day out with friends, I need 2-3 days of quiet and solitude to recharge.

2.  My favorite food of all time (at this time) is buffalo chicken.  I ADORE buffalo chicken - mainly the sauce.  And Pete's Buffalo Sauce is my favorite.  I could drink the sauce.  Seriously.

3.  I have a Nintendo 2DS and I play Animal Crossing on it.  My son got it for me as birthday gift.  I am an amazing mayor (according to my people).

4.  I love spooky stuff - I have my entire life!  When I was a very small child we lived in a haunted house in Denver, CO.  I have always been fascinated by the paranormal and have a healthy respect for it.  I don't mess around with Ouija or spirit boards.  I DO watch spooky stuff all the time - even around the holidays.  I love me a really GOOD ghost story!

5.  I am a coffee addict.  Chock Full'O Nuts if my favorite coffee.

6.  I once believed I could turn myself into a cat - like, when I was 7 or 8.  I really, really believed this and spent several days trying to use my mind to transform me and my cousins and brother into Kimba the White Lion and his love, Kitty, and their friends Uncle Specklerex and I can't remember the name of the other one.  For a while we were CERTAIN that it was working.  We even pinned my uncle's beautiful silk ties to our pants, knowing that they would turn into tails.  He was not happy about that and took away our tails.  I am pretty sure that is why we never became Kimba and his friends.  So much for the law of attraction.

7. My feet are shy.

8. I adore tiny, miniature things.  And mice.  I adore mice.  I had my first mouse when I was about 9 or 10 and I have had several mice since then.  Mice are my favorite.  And cats.

9.  I love to cook and bake and I show my love to others through food.

10. When I was a teenager, I lived in Italy.  Some dear friends of mine and I planned to sail to the Bahamas someday.  We even charted our course on maps.  I love the ocean but I'm deathly afraid of sailing - but I was SO going to do this.  We never did it, but it was so much fun planning it.  One of those friends sent me a coin from the Bahamas a million years ago.  On it is a sailing ship.  I still have that coin.

So there are 10 things about me.  There are a million or a billion more, but I didn't want to overwhelm you.

Joyfully,
Donna

16 comments:

  1. I totally get #1 totally
    Chock Full'O Nuts is good coffee
    Maybe you were just not ready to let go of a past life as a cat? who knows
    Do you speak Italian at all? maybe just a little? We lived on a house boat when we first got married. Let me tell you, morning sickness and the motion of the ocean do not mix.
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Kind of an oxymoron liking cats AND mice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS so much for sharing Donna! I am really enjoying getting to know everyone on this blog-a-athon.
    Funny how so many of us are book & coffee lovers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee hee! Your feet are shy! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love spooky stuff too! Real ánd in movies, but real is more awesome. :)
    I don't drink coffee, I'm a tea-addict.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fun getting to know each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it that I did not know some of things you listed. Fun to find out new things about friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Introverts (reluctantly) unite! :P That is so cool that you lived in Italy! Did your family live there or something?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too can relate to #1. I'm sure it is why there are millions or billions more intersting things about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful list. And I totally love and get how being deprived of your silk tie tails put the kabosh on your transformation plans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I can't watch scary things and I really don't like coffee - altho I will eat coffee crisp chocolate bars and drink iced cappuccino.
    Lovely to get to know more about you. Italy must have been amazing. Someday I will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the smell of coffee but not the taste ... strange, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand the introvert exactly. I NEED that time by myself! It was nice getting to know a bit about you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coffee buddy!!! Total coffee lover here, too... cheers :) And this: "I just need long periods of quiet and alone time to recharge..." Sooooooooooooo completely and totally identify with that. I also had several failed experiments at pushing myself to be extrovert. It's so nice to just be ME now. :) Love that you are taking your own pace for Kickin' It, too... will look forward to visiting in whatever other posts unfold for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved reading your comments - thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just commented on another bloggers post that I think a lot of us bloggers are introverts. yep.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!