For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Monday, December 2, 2013

Capturing this moment...


Oh yay! Day 2 of Kickin' it Old Skool!  Today's prompt is Time Capsule - capturing this moment in time.  So, here we go:

What I am reading:

and (yes, I read cookbooks like novels and add tons of sticky notes to recipes I want to write down)


My favorite magazines:


I'm not really watching anything at the moment, but I AM playing this on my snazzy new 2DS that was given to me on my 49th birthday by my son:


I am currently listening to Vienna Teng on Spotify

I am wearing soft, long skirts and flowy tops and I'm excited to dig out my boots again!

I am loving the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets:


I am currently creating/needlefelting a mouserly nativity (while Ned the Ninja stands watch over me):


And finally, I am SO looking forward to the new Hobbit movie (and that most awesome voice of Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug!)

What's in your time capsule today?

Joyfully,

Donna





19 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting!
    Wow, I love the sunset (or sunrise) in your pic. Such beautiful orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I read cookbooks too! most of the time they are so much more than recipes and you can miss quite a lot if you don't ever just take the time, you obviously know that.
    Your neeedle felting project sounds like it will be wonderful when it is all finished! and I too can not wait to see Smaug on the big screen!! we rented the Hobbit over the weekend and it was excellent, can't wait.
    Have a wonderful week!!
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so deliciously wonderful! I'm especially loving that picture of the sunset...breathtaking! And I am so with you about the excitement for The Hobbit! I do enjoy Benedict Cumberbatch's voice but I must admit I am all about Richard Armitage! Yum Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your picture with you peeking out! The sunset is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing I do look forward to at this time of year is digging out all my great boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing I do look forward to at this time of year is digging out all my great boots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy needle felting..what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read spell books like novels so I guess that's sort of the same! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Cookbooks and Magazines! I am with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pictures, they really tell a story. Heres to cook books, I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am eyeing that snazzy magnifying glass you have there. Totally cool! Looking forward to seeing what you are making! - Laura Smith

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhhhh Vienna Teng. I LOVE her music and LOVE her live shows even more..

    alas...I was not able to see her when she was in town (just last week)... mildly bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Needlefelting ... I would love to learn how to do that. I was thinking of some stocking creations that might be fun (and easy) to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sunset photo! I use the name Seraphyna alot! Online, that is. It's one of my email names, as well. I'm really enjoying Kickin' in Old Skool. See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donna, I so loved visiting with you and experiencing your time capsule. I feel like I just sat down and had a lovely cup of tea with you! I was caught immediately by Writing with Pictures and went and listened to the Vienna Teng - totally adding her to my list.

    Thank you so much for the wonderful peek into your today. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the sentiment at the top of your blog. Your time capsule is wonderful!

    The thing you said about reading cookbooks made me think of Shauna Niequist, a writer who has made the same comment. You may want to check out her book Bread & Wine, which is a memoir and cookbook all in one. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So exiting to meet more Hobbit Fans! YAY!! I love your e-reader... I don't think I've ever seen one like that and it looks supercool.

    The ninja looking over the nativity scene is cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!