'Tis the season to be behind - at least for me. So much going on here outside of the cyber world with the holidays coming up. Is it the same for you?
Anyway, I thought I'd try to play a wee bit of catch-up - on the KIOS challenge posts and also visiting everyone's blogs to catch up on what you all are posting. I figured I would do it in bits at a time - I'll peek at a few blogs in between decorating, tidying, baking, (napping), feeding the cats...
So, here goes...since this feels kind of like cheating, I will start with today's prompt and work backwards (in case you are here just for today's prompt):
Day 12: 10 Things I know for sure:
1. My family loves me and I love them - this I know for certain.
2. If I place a box anywhere my cats will get into it - it is like a cat-magnet. They will even take turns.
3. Hugs make me feel good - getting and giving.
4. I am always right (except the time I thought I was wrong but I was really right).
5. That #4 above was a joke - sort of.
6. My intuition is always 99.9% right and has never steered me wrong, so I always listen to it (or ignore it at my peril - how is that for dramatic?)
7. Sunny days heal me.
8. That dirty laundry reproduces when I'm not looking - no matter how often I do it, there is always more.
9. Coffee and sweets go together like unicorns and rainbows.
10. There is no such thing as too many books.
Day 11: Weepy Wednesday:
Somewhere I read in a book about a lady who wept and when asked why she wept so easily, she replied that her heart was attached to her eyes. I always loved that because that is so ME. Everything makes me cry - a song, exquisitely written words, movies, my children, my cats...
My eyes are most definitely attached to my heart and express joy, sorrow, a release of building pressure.
But onions also make me cry - I've tried every trick in the book to stop from weeping while I slice and chop onions. Nothing works so I just chop and weep and move on.
Day 10: Show and Tell:
Ah! I used to love show and tell when I was a little girl - bringing in my most precious things to share with my teacher and class. And I so loved to see what everyone else brought to share, as well.
I have been bleaching bottle brush trees.
They turn minty green and white:
They will be glittered and placed in a display I am making.
Incidentally, I am also showing that the sun has come back and that makes me very happy after days of gloom and ice storms!
Day 9: Favorite movies:
Lord of the Rings (book is also my favorite book in all the world!)
Harry Potter series
The Last Unicorn
You know, it is really hard for me to choose favorite movies because I have so many! But these are mainly my favorites.
But wait! Here is a bonus! Here are my favorite Christmas movies:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
...and now I am caught up just in time to be behind again...