For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Thursday, December 12, 2013

KIOS - Behind again...


'Tis the season to be behind - at least for me.  So much going on here outside of the cyber world with the holidays coming up.  Is it the same for you?  

Anyway, I thought I'd try to play a wee bit of catch-up - on the KIOS challenge posts and also visiting everyone's blogs to catch up on what you all are posting.  I figured I would do it in bits at a time - I'll peek at a few blogs in between decorating, tidying, baking, (napping), feeding the cats...

So, here goes...since this feels kind of like cheating, I will start with today's prompt and work backwards (in case you are here just for today's prompt):

Day 12: 10 Things I know for sure:

1. My family loves me and I love them - this I know for certain.

2.  If I place a box anywhere my cats will get into it - it is like a cat-magnet.  They will even take turns.

3.  Hugs make me feel good - getting and giving.

4. I am always right (except the time I thought I was wrong but I was really right).

5.  That #4 above was a joke - sort of.  

6.  My intuition is always 99.9% right and has never steered me wrong, so I always listen to it (or ignore it at my peril - how is that for dramatic?)

7.  Sunny days heal me.

8.  That dirty laundry reproduces when I'm not looking - no matter how often I do it, there is always more.

9.  Coffee and sweets go together like unicorns and rainbows.

10. There is no such thing as too many books.

Day 11: Weepy Wednesday:

Somewhere I read in a book about a lady who wept and when asked why she wept so easily, she replied that her heart was attached to her eyes.  I always loved that because that is so ME.  Everything makes me cry - a song, exquisitely written words, movies, my children, my cats...

My eyes are most definitely attached to my heart and express joy, sorrow, a release of building pressure.

But onions also make me cry - I've tried every trick in the book to stop from weeping while I slice and chop onions.  Nothing works so I just chop and weep and move on.

Day 10: Show and Tell:

Ah!  I used to love show and tell when I was a little girl - bringing in my most precious things to share with my teacher and class.  And I so loved to see what everyone else brought to share, as well.

I have been bleaching bottle brush trees.


They turn minty green and white:


They will be glittered and placed in a display I am making.

Incidentally, I am also showing that the sun has come back and that makes me very happy after days of gloom and ice storms!


Day 9: Favorite movies:

Lord of the Rings (book is also my favorite book in all the world!)
Matilda
Harry Potter series
The Last Unicorn
Labyrinth
Legend

You know, it is really hard for me to choose favorite movies because I have so many!  But these are mainly my favorites.

But wait!  Here is a bonus!  Here are my favorite Christmas movies:

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Christmas Story
Santa Claus is Coming to Town

...and now I am caught up just in time to be behind again...




6 comments:

  1. LOVE your weepy post! Eyes attached to the heart ... love it!

    What a good idea for the trees! I'll have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of 10 things as well. They made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list of ten things! I'm with you on all of them! Especially about the cats, the sun, and the books! Your trees are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's so much goodness crammed into this catch up post I don't know where to begin, so I'll just say yay. ;-) Can't wait to see your glittered up bottle trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the way your little trees turned out! Your movie tastes are so similar to mine. Magical fantasy loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgosh Omgosh, I loooooooooooooooooooove your bottle brush trees!!! Please take pics and post for us after they are glittered and/or in the display you are doing?? I'd love to see. They are soooo pretty. Oh, and Matilda is great! Do you dig Eloise, too? And you know, my dirty laundry reproduces, too. I think we should just let it do its thing, and we'll go up the cafe for coffee and sweets and ignore the laundry!!! :) Sending sunshiny vibes to you!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!