For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Old Skool Blog!


I am SO doing this!

A long, long time ago (it seems) I was giving a camera, my art room and was part of an online homeschool discussion group.  Others in the group were doing something called "blogging" and I was intrigued.  I started a blog of my own to post my Project 365 as well as the Self Portrait Monday prompts on a blog I called Mice and Moonbeams.  

I fell in love.  With blogging, with the connections I made to other bloggers who were homeschooling, or artists, or photographers, writers, poets - it was So.Much.Fun.  It became a place where I shared my own art (and my epic art fails - hilarious!), my own life and best of all, my JOY.

I had some serious life changes and "lifequakes" and Mice and Moonbeams went away.  Looking back I am so very sad about that - I especially miss the connections I had with other bloggers at that time.

I was sharing this with another group I am currently a part of and I was encouraged to just jump back into the JOY part of blogging.  Then, as the universe so often does, all sorts of "signs" began to show up encouraging me to do what my friends were encouraging me to do again.

This morning, another friend posted the link to Kickin' It Old Skool on facebook and I went to check it out.  As soon as I read the post, I was hooked (I even remember Jamie from "way back then").

Even though Mice and Moonbeams is gone, I have all my old photos from that time.  I have the stories from that time.  I can't wait to share some of them again here this month in this 30 days of Kickin it Old Skool and stirring up some joyful memories in my own soul.  I hope you will check back in and relive some of those fun times with me!

Also, I wrapped up PiBoIdMo yesterday - It was a super productive month of ideas for not just children's books but also some ideas for young adult books and family stories that I want to capture, too.  My final count was 23 ideas for children's books, 3 ideas for young adult stories and 23 ideas for family stories.  Of course, not every idea is a good one or a whole idea - many are seeds of ideas...but it will keep me quite busy over the next year, I think, in addition to any other ideas that come along!


Now I'm ready to jump into December - and looking forward to the magic of it all. My favorite part of December is the lights!  Lots and lots of tiny, twinkly lights!  And cookies...lots and lots of sweet, delicious cookies!  And...and...What is your favorite thing about December? 

Joyfully,

Donna

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see that you found us at just the right time Donna. Isn't the universe amazing? Here is to an amazing month and finding the fun and creating new memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I would have been blogging back about 5 years ago or so when you had your original blog and art blogging seemed to have been in its hey day! We must bring back all the old fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, yes - totally amazing! I ask and I receive and I am always awed by the miracle of that! =) I am looking forward to the next month for a million and one reasons!

    Jennifer, it WAS a different time. I think it is time to bring it all back and have fun with blogging again. So...let's do it! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!