For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Only 1 more sleep...

...'til Christmas!

It has been busy here - busy as little mice!

Baking...baking...baking...


One of my favorite holiday treats is Pizzelles.  My hubby got me this pizzelle maker years ago.  I try to make up a huge batch every Christmas for family and friends.  They never last for very long in this house...gobbled up right away!


This year I made cinnamon/vanilla; chocolate/mint; double chocolate; and anise...mmmmmm!

I also made other goodies to tuck into treat bags and nibble on here at home:

(another favorite of mine - delicate almond crescents...what is your favorite holiday treat?)


Brownies covered in white chocolate and peppermint


Little breads, too!


I took a break to nibble some gourmet chocolates...mmmmmm!  Very good with coffee!

But now everything is finished.  The baking, the menu planning for Christmas dinner (Eve and Day); the presents bought (but not completely wrapped yet...guess what hubby and I will be doing tonight?)

The house is cozy and warm and decorated and waiting...


The tree waits for gifts to be place beneath (we have to wait until Christmas Eve or our cats will tear them open...seriously...)


Little mice scamper across the mantle...


...peeking in holiday windows and listening to festive holiday music...


And in the hustle and bustle of baking, gift buying, wrapping and decorating, we stop a moment to remember the meaning of Christmas.




And to enjoy and treasure memories of Christmases past...


The stockings are hung and waiting to be filled tonight...


and Ned has a wish for everyone:

=)

A lovely winter song that my mom shared with me yesterday (we love Gordon Lightfoot!  My dad loved to listen to him and also sang his songs, doing great justice to them!  I think Gordon would have been pleased!)


I hope that where ever you are and how ever you and yours celebrate this holiday season that you are merry and surrounded by love!  


Merry Christmas, my friends!

Joyfully,
Donna

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Donna your treats and decorations look absolutely amazing! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looks beautiful and yummy!
    A Very Merry Christmas to You and your Family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!