For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Week Full of Life!

Most of my weeks are pretty quiet.  Being an introvert, I enjoy my mostly quiet weeks.  I think the kitties do, too.  We have our quiet routines.  Theirs is mostly eating and then nesting among blankets and pillows (even better if those are located within sunbeams!)

This week was NOT a quiet week.  It was filled with so much activity, but all of the most joyful kind!  I began to feel a little better (this was the 4th week of illness - ugh!).  I had received my new hooping outfit from Dervish Clothing a few weeks ago but had not felt up to putting it on, much less hooping.  Well, I got tired of waiting and decided to hoop in my new outfit.
It felt awesome to get outside on the deck and breathe some fresh air.
(Booty Flare pants and Wing-top from Dervish - I am in love!)
(It is hard to take "selfies" while hooping...plus, I have T-rex arms so any selfies I try to take just come out looking awkward)

There was good food this week:
Homemade biscuits 
Bacon-wrapped tenderloin with fresh rosemary from my garden and smoked paprika.  Also some homemade soup I made on our snow day - I'm trying to think of a name for it (and I didn't get a picture...)  I'm thinking of calling it Golden Chicken Gnocchi soup or something.

The most exciting was my youngest son's 21st Birthday!  I have no more babies - they are all now totally officially adult. (pssst!! They will always be my babies!)
We went to one of our favorite restaurants (Vinney's).  He also happens to work there!  His co-workers are a bunch of incredible young people - I love all of them!  They brought him out a piece of White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Divine with the candles on it:
They all sang "Happy Birthday" AND brought out a cake they had purchased for the occasion, as well:
Then, mid-week we had a nice, big snow!  This is what it looked like before bed:
 This is what we woke up to:


It was beautiful and quiet...
I remained inside all day, enjoying the view from my cozy house.  Tabbatha (or Tabberwocky) was intrigued, so we let her explore a bit.  It only lasted about 30 seconds. 
She was very happy to get back inside.
The sun returned and even warmed up to 55 degrees, beginning the melt off:
It was a biscuit and marmalade kind of morning:
I soaked up the sun, as did the kitties 
and other little critters:

I began working on a new little critter for my stories:
And let us not forget the day of love.  Because I had been sick and then we were a bit snowed in, I made my loves some simple Valentine's Day cards:
While my love provided me with flowers and chocolates:
We opened the fridge last night to see some hanky-panky going on:
Naughty sock-monkey wine sleeve!

All in all, a very good week!

How did your week go?  Quiet and restful? Active and busy?

I hope it was a lovely week!

Joyfully,
Donna

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet life you have! Such wonderful photos of your son's birthday, the snow day, and your kitties...so sweet!
    I have four grown children too, Donna, and my youngest is 22 with Down's Syndrome. He is my big helper. I am so glad you have set up your comment section as now I can leave comments!
    The Praying Mantis creation you are working on looks awesome. I am in awe of artists who make felted animals.
    I shall return as it seems we have a lot in common.
    hugs,
    Teresa in California
    http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're fabulous with that hula hoop! Happy birthday to your son! Almost as old as me :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!