For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Thursday, February 6, 2014

New Mousy in the Housy

There is a new mousy in town.


She was recently introduced to the gang from Mouserly Manor, and to Cpt. Toby and his friends.


Her name is Moon.


She was warmly welcomed by everyone.  And I do mean warmly...


I've been working on some critter designs to use in illustrating stories that I have been writing.

I adore my little mice from Mouserly Manor, but I needed some mice (and other creatures) that are posable. 

I found this background that I made years ago and forgot I had.  I found it rolled up in a shoebox with some other items.  Moon thought it would be the perfect background for this shot:


The teapot, cabinet and mug belonged to my late mother-in-law.  I love playing with these things as it reminds me so much of her.  There is an entire tea set and many more mugs with the names of each of our family members.

One of the issues I am struggling with is the size - the small size.  I may have to make larger ones for the purposes of photographing for the illustrations, but I so adore the miniature size I am working with that I hope to come up with a way to create what I need in this smaller size.


I think I am getting there - there are a few changes I want to make to this particular design, but I keep getting closer and closer to what I have in mind!


Joyfully,
Donna

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness what a lovely little mousey house! That tiny teapot is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moon is so very precious! I love your background designs too. Awesome!
    Me...I'm a dreamer too.
    It's what keeps me sane!
    XO
    Keep creating!
    Teresa in California
    http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! And yes, Teresa, creating and dreaming keeps me sane here, too! (although others might disagree...) =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so goofy! I was able to leave comments, just not able to follow...so. Here I go! I am following you now!
    Thank you!
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!