For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Good Witch, The Man Card and Lentils


I am so excited!

A few years ago (or maybe it was more than a few...as I get older, it all becomes a blur) my hubs and I used to watch these movies on the Hallmark channel called The Good Witch.

They were so sweet!  I just loved her garden - and her house!  Have you seen the movies?

Wait.

I just read those last two sentences.  It has just occurred to me that stating that my hubby watched those movies with me may lose him his Man Card.

What to do...what to do...retract or just keep moving forward...?

Um.  Well, first of all, let me tell you.

He is a Black Belt in Tai Kwon Do and he is testing for his Second Degree this April!  In fact, he is right now at the Dojang as we speak doing some PRE-testing for his testing.  

And, he changes his own headlamp bulbs in his Nissan Maxima - and if you don't know what that even means, You Tube it.  Let's just say the whole front end of the car has to come off for one teeny tiny bulb.

How is THAT for total, beat-fists-on-the-chest kind of manly stuff, huh?

He even has a lawn tractor - that he uses!  And a great, big honkin' grill (get your mind out of the gutters)!

Oh, the stories I could tell you of his manliness!

Like the time he went out into a hurricane - a hurricane people!! - to cut down the gigantic tree with an ax that fell onto our garage (this is true blue truth, folks!).  He told the kids not to tell me (but of course, they know what is best for them so they told me immediately).  So, I'm out there on the deck - in the middle of a hurricane - with the wild wind swirling around us - screaming at him to get his crazy manly a** back in the house while he is screaming at me to get my most adorable feminine one back in the house...

It was the stuff romantic comedies are made of.

Oh, and like this past weekend when I was sort of wandering around the kitchen and mumbling under my breath about how I forgot to buy lentils when I went grocery shopping.  Later on, he had to run out to buy kitty litter (the great big 50lb plastic containers - one for each brawny arm) and came home with a bag of lentils.  Just for me!  He actually went down the aisle where the lentils live and got me a bag of lentils.  I didn't even know he knew what lentils were.  I learn more and more about this amazing manly man every single day...  I'm totally making him a pot of lentil soup!


Humma Humma!

Anyway, what was I talking about?  All these images of flying debri and hot lentils distracted me...

Oh yeah!  The Good Witch!

Yes!  So, on Super Bowl Sunday my hubs and I (the brawny, romantic, almost-2nd Degree Black Belt dude I was just talking about.  Please remember that when you read the next part) were watching the Kitten Bowl.

Oh my gosh - did you see it?  It was so precious!  Even my kitty watched it!

There was a commercial during the Kitten Bowl for the Good Witch SERIES on the Hallmark Channel (which, incidentally, also hosted the Kitten Bowl) that will begin February 28 and run on Saturday nights!  Woohoo!  Just me, my hunky hubs, a bowl of popcorn and the Good Witch.

Every.single.week.

Is anyone else excited about this?

Joyfully, Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!