For the Everyday Ordinary...

"Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all in the world, for your return." ~ Mary Jean Iron

Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Joyfully Donna Mysteries and the Case of the Missing Donna...


(I don't game, but isn't that just a bad-ass picture?  If you click the image it will take you the AWOL Gamers site.  My guys game and I hide out in my art room - too much violence and "preposterous amounts of testosterone" as they like to say)

It has been forever ~ as in about 7 months of forever ~ since I last posted here.

I could say that I took a sabbatical to someplace warm and exotic and spicy to study mice, read lots of books and climb trees.


But that would not be true.

I could say that I was recruited (again) by a super-secret arm (or leg, or insert any other body part that makes you giggle) of the CIA to make a clandestine trip to a far off country in order to make the daring rescue of a wheelchair-bound man of great wealth and power just in the nick of time and came home a hero.


But that would not be true, either (and even if it was, I could not talk about it ~ and since I am talking about it, it obviously did not happen).

Or, I could say that I decided one day last summer to actually follow the two baby fawns into the doorway-like opening under the foxgrapes and in doing so, a magical adventure ensued.


Oh! How I wish that had been true!

But, alas, it was not.

The truth is I was busy making questionable choices about my life - rather expensive ones at that - based on wrong reasons and most likely hormones, as well.


Not very glamorous or sexy or magical at all.

In any case, shortly before the holidays I came to my senses, much to my sweet hubby's relief.  He fed me wine and buffalo chicken until I felt better.  He helped me see I was making some life choices and serious plans when my heart was in the wrong place - and not a very good place at that!

Ouch.

And, as I said before, they were some rather expensive plans.

Ouch, again.

However...my hubby is my biggest fan, greatest supporter and cheerleader and my anchor who keeps me grounded and from floating away with my gazillion and one ideas ~ on a daily basis I must add.

He never bat an eye.  He simply hugged me and said, "No harm done.  How would you have known if you had not tried?"  and then proceeded to tell me how much he admired my fearlessness in trying new things - pointing out the gazillion and one new things I have tried out since we met 30 years ago.


Hmmmmm....now that I think about it, maybe it was a little bit of snark mixed in there with the comfort...

Anyway, I think I picked a winner and that is what I'm sticking with!

So.  That is where I have been.  Off doing nothing more exotic than making questionable choices (albeit exciting at the time) and spending too much money (what else is money for, I ask you?) which has now resulted in us deciding to repaint and redo the dining room.


Not a total loss, right?

(the new light I want for the Dining Room)

And, we had a really awesome Christmas!

So, I'm eating homemade soups and fresh green salads, watching Gilmore Girl reruns and thumbing through the seed catalogs that are starting to arrive in my mailbox - I am SO ready for spring!


Look!  My orchids are beginning to bloom again - there are actually 13 buds but this is the first one to open!

How about you?  Any exotic sabbaticals lately?

Joyfully, Donna

3 comments:

  1. It is ok (and I know you know that) because I have made some questionable majorly expensive life choices that fell through too ;) I understand. I am glad to see you back though, and where your heart wants to be! Creating and speaking your truth lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, then I am in good company! =) Thanks so much for stopping by, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gilmore Girls and revisiting it can be a great escape. As for choices ... well, we all make some that don't always turn out the way we expect. But in the end, the way they need to be. Glad to see you back! Show us what you decide to do, once the dining room is painted etc. And I agree, you have a good one by your side!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ Let's chat!